layer masks and you
as promised, here’s a tutorial on layer mask basics to get you making more complex gifs with smaller file sizes. it’s kind of a continuation of my last tutorial, but you could easily pick up here if you already know how to do the stuff in that tutorial. contained herein are two main ideas:
- using layer masks to reduce gif size
- using layer masks to blend two gifs
this is gif i’m going to be recreating:
warning: gif/image heavy tutorial.
*works on any show, preferably on scenes shot in daylight.
*like or reblog if you download, please!
- works on indoor scenes with good lightning
- adjust vibrance and color balance for best results
- please like/reblog if you download
- feel free to tag me in your post if you use it :)
Example of the end result:
Before you start reading I should warn you that this is quite a big tutorial and that you need some basic knowledge on how to make gifs and colorings.
Texture Pack #39- Contains 32 mixed textures.
- 200px wide sidebar image
- 5 custom links
- 400/500px posts
Please leave all credit intact and do not steal this theme and please don’t use/redistribute as base code. If you use please like or reblog this post whichever one, to let me know. Your feedback is appreciated! Any questions just go to my ask. :’)
Lermun’s Color Porn Tutorial!
So I’ve gotten some messages lately asking me how I ‘color porn’ my gifs. First I wanna say that I don’t think I’m good at this at all but after these few messages I decided to give it a try (:
I’m going to explain 3 ‘types’ of color porn:
1. Making the background color stand out more
2. Changing the color of the background (I’ll show more examples with different colors later on)
3. Using gradient maps
Please like if taking.
*Suits darker images. Play around with curves for lighter caps.