Do you know how to cut out an image? I use the polygonal lasso tool but it doesnt come out really nice and I just want to know if theres an easier and more effective way of cutting out images?
actually yes! there’s a much easier way to cut out images than using the polygonal lasso.
- first off, open up your image onto photoshop. (i’m using psc5) this is the photo i’ll be using.
- next, click the letter “q” on your keyboard. this creates a mask for your picture. click it once and then click your brush tool. once you’ve clicked your brush tool, paint over your person. the brush tool should come off as red, and it should look like this.
- paint over the entire person (or whoever/whatever you want to cut out) i like to use a small brush, so that it’s easier to paint over the more difficult spots to paint over. once you’ve finished painting over them, it should look something like this.
- now all you have to do is click “q” again and it should outline what you’ve painted. it should look like this.
- now, click delete on your keyboard and voila!
easy right? i hope this was able to help you lovely! if you have any other questions, feel free to come back and ask them!
black widow : important comics
itsy bitsy spider / devin grayson & jg jones
breakdown / devin grayson, greg rucka & scott hampton
name of the rose / marjorie liu & daniel acuna
black widow / nathan edmondson & phil noto
amazing spider-man #86 / stan lee & john romita, jim mooney
kiss or kill (#06-08) / duane swierczynski & garcia charalampidis, manuel garcia
fear itself: black widow / cullen bunn & peter nguyen
punisher: war zone #02 / greg rucka & carmine di giandomenico
avengers assemble #12-13 / kelly sue deconnick & peter woods, mark bagley
avengers assemble #14AU / al ewing & butch guice
a+x #10 / b. clay moore & kris anka
- volume 1, #81-124, #187-189, #368-371 / gerry conway & gene colan, frank miller & klaus janson, joe kelly & gene colan
- volume 2, #1-8, #61-64 (download) / kevin smith & joe quesada, brian michael bendis & alex maleev
- volume 1, #1-21 / warren ellis & various
- captain america and the secret avengers / kelly sue deconnick & greg tocchini
- volume 2 / nick spencer & luke ross, butch guice
captain america volume 5 (#25-619) / ed brubaker & various
widowmaker / jim mccann & david lopez
captain america & black widow (#636-640) / cullen bunn & francesco francavilla
winter soldier (#01-14) / ed brubaker & butch guice
avengers assemble #18 / ksd & barry kitson
marvel’s the avengers: the black widow strikes / fred van lente & various
this mini suffers from some questionable art in places, but it’s generally well written and offers a bit more of an insight into mcu natasha’s past and what drives her. it’s sort of a take on the itsy bitsy spider storyline from 616, updated for the mcu. it’s worth a read imo
SAILOR MOON MASTERPOSTManga: Click here to read
Anime (Subbed): Sailor Moon (1-46): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Moon R (47-89): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Moon S (90-127): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Moon SuperS (128-166): Click here to download ⋅ Sailor Stars (167-200): Click here to download
Anime (Dubbed): Click here to watch
Movies (Subbed): Click here to download (In order to get these, you will need to download each part, i.e. .001, .002, .003, and join them using HJSplit. A video tutorial on how to use HJSplit can be found here and you can download HJSplit here.)Sailor Moon Crystal: Click here to download
All of the episodes are subbed and available in the highest quality available. I’ve also provided links to the manga, the horrible dubbed version of the anime, and all three movies. Enjoy!
hi i was wondering if you could make a tutorial on how to make/colour icons like this? mabelchiltern(.)livejournal(.)com/1566(.)html they're sooo pretty
Basic (but thorough) Colouring Tutorial
So since I’ve gotten a few requests for a colouring tutorial, here I am, bearing gifts. I’m going to show you guys how I colour two types of scenes: outdoor (daylight) and dark, but they’re not that different at all. This is my first proper, intense tutorial so bear with me and I’ll try to make it as simple as possible.
- bright scenes:
- dark scenes:
You will need:
- Photoshop CS5/CS6 (download)
- Basic knowledge of gif making (import video/screencaps, sharpening, cropping)
- 720/1080p video.
- Patience and willingness to screw up a few (hundred) times.
- More patience because this is longer than I first thought.
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.
Updates Tab Tutorial (from Theme 17)
- Upload an image for the tab
- Custom colour for the updates box
- It’ll be located on the bottom left of your window
- Scroll bar for when the text is longer than the box
- go to tumblr.com/customize
- click edit html
- paste this code before <style type=”text/css”>
- paste this code before </style>
- paste this code after <body>
- click update preview, save, appearance, save and then close
- go back to tumblr.com/customize and upload your image, change the colour of the updates box and fill it in!
You can find transparent images here. Please like/reblog if you found it helpful!
UPDATES TAB MASTERPOSTS!!
So theres a ton of update tabs out there and i decided i try to find as many original ones i could and make a post as like a one stop shop kinda thing ya feel. anyways i have listen what the updates tab looks like and the tutorial where you can find it(aka the original maker of the updates tab) if theres another updates tab you think i should add or i dont have the original creator please please pLEASE TELL ME
- MBTI Personality Test
- MBTI Personality Descriptions
- 123 Character Flaws
- Character Trait Cheat Sheet
- List of Personality Traits
- Character Virtues And Vices
- Underused Personalities
- 7 Rules For Picking Names
- Character Names
- Character Name Resources
- Surnames Masterpost
- Types of Voice
- Showing Character Emotion
- Writing Characters Of Colour
- More On Writing Characters Of Colour
- All Characters Talk The Same
- Character Description
- 100 Character Development Questions
- Character Development Questionnaire
- 30 Day Character Development Meme
- Character Development Check List
- Character Development Through Hobbies
- List Of Character Secrets - Part 1 - Part 2
- Mysterious Characters
- Flat Characters
- European Characters
- Creating Believable Characters
- Writing A Drunk Character
- Writing Manipulative Characters
- Writing Witty Characters
- Writing Natural Born Leaders
- Writing Rebellious Characters
- Writing Indifferent Distance Characters
- Writing Bitchy Characters
- Writing Popular Characters
- Writing Child Characters
- Writing Villains
- Villain Archetypes
- Avoiding LGBTQ Stereotypes
- Writing Homosexuals as a Heterosexual
- Writing Males as a Female
- Writing Convincing Male Characters
- Writing Characters Of The Opposite Sex
- Revealing A Characters Gender
- The Roles Of Characters
- Creating Fictional Characters From Scratch
- Creating A Strong, Weak Character
- Writing Characters Using Conflict And Backstory
- Switching Up A ‘Too-Perfect’ Character
- Help I Have A Mary-Sue!
- Alternatives To Said
- Avoiding Unfortunate Implications
- Begin A Novel
- Finishing Your Novel
- Creating Conflict
- Show Not Tell
- Words For Emotions Based On Severity
- Getting Out Of The Comfort Zone
- A Guide To Writing Sci-Fi
- Naming The Story
- The Right Point Of View
- Essential Story Ingredients
- Writing Fantasy Masterpost
- Five Rules For Thrillers
- Pacing Action Scenes
- Writing Races
- Using Gender Neutral Pronouns
- Dos and Don’t of Writing
- General Writing Tips
- Outlining Your Novel
- Creating A Compelling Plot
- The Snowflake Method
- Beginning and End, But No Middle!
Prompts and Ideas
- Prompt Generator Lists
- Creative Writing Prompts
- Story Starting Sentences
- Story Spinner
- Story Kitchen
- Writing Prompt Generator
- Quick Story Generator
- Dramatic Scenes
- Plot Bank
- Masterpost of Writing Execrises
- Survival Skills Masterpost
- Mental Illness
- Limits Of The Human Body
- Stages of Decomposition
- Body Language Cheat Sheet
- Importance Of Body Language
- Non Verbal Communication
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Degrees of Emotion
- List Of Phobias - Part 1 (A - L) - Part 2 (M - Z)
- Psychology In Writing
- Psychology Of Colour
- Mob Mentality
- How Street Gangs Work
- Street Gang Dynamics
- How To Pick A Lock
- Death Scenes
- Realistic Death Scenes
- Fighting and Self Defence
- Fighting Scenes
- Problems With Fighting Scenes
- Every Type of Fight Scene
- Fantasy Battle Scenes
- Body Language Of Flirting
- Flirting 101
- Sex Scenes
- Ballet Terms
- Torture Guide (Trigger Warning)
- Sibling Abuse (Trigger Warning)
- Dream Sequences
- Psychiatric Hospital
- Understanding issues, -isms and privilege
- Cliché Finder
- Reading What You’ve Wrote So Far
- Synonyms For Common Words
- Urban Legends On Grammar
- Common Grammar Mistakes
- Revising A Novel
- Average Weather Settings
- World Building 101
- Bringing Settings To Life
- Creating A Believable World
- Mapping A Fictional World
- Mapping Your World
- Religion in Setting
Sounds to listen to whilst writing
- August Ambience
- Rainy Mood
- Forest Mood
- Nature Sound Player
This took me a good few hours and a lot of effort to make and even though it was mainly for myself anyone can feel free to use it, for the note it is still under construction and I am undergoing fixes. So If anyone actually does use this other than myself and notices a broken link or something not quite right, could you please inform me about it? Thank you.